Vibramycin is a tetracycline antibiotic. It fights bacteria in the body.
100 mg Vibramycin
Vibramycin is a tetracycline antibiotic. It fights bacteria in the body. It is used to treat many different bacterial infections, such as urinary tract infections, acne, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, periodontitis and others. The drug is also used to treat blemishes, bumps, and acne-like lesions caused by rosacea. Vibramycin will not treat facial redness caused by rosacea.
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor and with a full glass of water. Generally the using dose must be in adults 200mg on the first day and then followed by a keeping dose of 100mg daily. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Avoid using this medicine before the bedtime because as it may cause throat pain, that's why drink plenty of liquids while you are taking it. Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. The drug can make you sunburn more easily. Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop taking Vibramycin and call your doctor. Also don't use it if you are pregnant.
You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to the medicine or to other tetracycline antibiotics. Avoid taking in children under 12 or pregnancy.
Possible side effect
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergy: nettle rash; difficulty breathing or skin tumor. Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as: headache, giddy, blurred vision, flu symptoms, dark colored urine, swollen glands, rash or itching, confusion or mild nausea.
The drug can cooperate with cholesterol-lowering medications, isotretinoin, tretinoin, an antacid, a product that contains bismuth subsalicylate, minerals, a blood thinner and penicillin antibiotic. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Take the missed dose as soon as possible. Skip the missed dose if it is time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Overdose symptoms may include sickness, retching, and diarrhea. If you think you have overdosed the medicine seek emergency medical help at once.
Store your medicines at room temperature 59-77 degrees F (15-25 degrees C). Store away from moisture and light. Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets.
The information presented at the site has a general character. Note please this information cannot be used for self-treatment and self diagnosis. You should consult with your doctor or health care adviser regarding any specific instructions of your condition. The information is reliable, but we concede it could contain mistakes. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other damage caused by use of this information on the site and also for consequences of self-treatment.